Wednesday, November 03, 2010

italian sausage soup



1 TBSP olive oil
8 oz sweet or Italian sausage
1/2 C chopped onion
32 oz of chicken broth
1 can (15 1/2 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1 tsp Oregano leaves
1 tsp Rosemary leaves, finely crushed
1 tsp Thyme leaves
6 oz of baby spinach leaves
1/2 C uncooked small pasta.

1. Heat oil in large pan on medium heat. Add sausage and cook. Add onion and cook until onion is tender and sausage is done.

2. Pour chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, into pan. Stir in spices. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

3. Stir in spinach and pasta. Return to boil on medium - high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes until pasta is tender.

I liked this soup recipe much better the next day. I thought there was too much Rosemary in it. I would cut back on the spices a lot. The kids didn't mind the taste as much as they minded the soggy spinach. So, the kids didn't like it but Eric and I did.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your post I am the same way very pickie it is hard to cook let alone healthy but I just wanted to say thanks for the ideas both of you.

    ReplyDelete