Tuesday, June 01, 2010

potato & carrot casserole

A year or so ago my husband's cousins put together a cookbook called the Hansen Family Favorites. I'm not part of the Hansen clan but they sure can cook so I begged for a cookbook. This healthy recipe comes from that cookbook.

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
2-3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
4-5 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Layer in 1 3/4 Qt. Casserole: Potatoes, carrots, ground beef. Mix together tomato soup, water, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake covered @ 350 degrees for 1-2 hours.

Disclaimer: I'm not a very good photographer nor is my camera a great camera.

My family loved this recipe. The carrots were so tender and delicious. I will definitely make this again.




Does anyone know if there is a more healthy substitute for canned tomato soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment